The client connects continents, cultures and clouds across the globe – neutrally and independently delivering the connectivity, transport and optical needs for the content, internet and carrier marketplaces. They construct, manage and operate infrastructure that is at the very heart of today’s internet.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
The Sales Solution Architect role forms part of their Professional Service and Infrastructure Development Team. This team is responsible for driving more complex solutions related to customer requirements underpinned with the client product set and key services. This role will work in a hybrid model collaborating with sales account management, Legal, Networks and finance to build, define and map customer facing solutions and innovative thinking to win & close deals.
The successful candidate will have a technical sales Architect background, a good understanding of technology related to terrestrial networks and have a commercial / solution mindset.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Support the operations, Engineering and maintenance of the client’s global network infrastructure in the development of customer solutions (technical and commercial).
· Able to articulate innovated solutions with both potential customers and key stakeholders to demonstrate / build the end to end solution.
· Working with the key Vendor to design, build and document the solution including product development with Sales and pricing tools.
· Understanding of optical networks, design and protection architectures working across multi supplier technologies. Understanding key terminology.
· Able to build commercial solutions with Finance and aware of industry pricing and benchmarking when it comes to building a pricing proposal.
· Support with any customer key meetings individually and/or part of a team to present solutions, build ideas, develop relationships and help find solutions.
· System approach to build appropriate documentation related to product offerings and working with Engineering to define.
· Support development of Professional service portfolio and drive workshops both internally and externally for key meetings.
· To support the function in the publication of key papers and help promote the client as an innovated solution provider.
· Key understanding of vendor equipment and roadmap of product and technology
· Understanding of Operator environment and pricing tools
· Ability to pull together conceptual ideas in to customer solutions and designs.
· Travel from time to time
Key Skills and Competencies:
· Problem solver, solution driven
· Commercial focus
· Strong Business development skills
· Team Player
· Excellent Communication & relationship building skills
· Proven successful track record in Customer pitching
Education / Technical requirements:
· Degree level qualifications in Engineering, Electronics or IT
· Telecommunications knowledge a distinct advantage but not essential
Great Opportunity to join a leading organisation involved in the delivery of mainstream infrastructure for the Tele and Datacommunications sector. The position provides excellent Salary and Benefits and is operated on a largely remote basis.